At the Ohio Herb Center, our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guests. As we start to hold classes again, we want our students to be aware of the guidelines we are following. Before classes and at the end of the day, we sanitize and disinfect all doorknobs, light switches, hard surfaces, and our point-of-sale tablet. To allow proper social distancing, class sizes will be limited to 8-10 participants. Guests will be required to wear masks while in the building, and gloves will be available. We request anyone that is ill, showing symptoms, or has been exposed to COVID-19, to please call the Ohio Herb Center and request a full refund for your scheduled class. Please call the Ohio Herb Center with any questions or concerns at 614-642-4372.
- Thu, Apr 29Ohio Herb CenterApr 29, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAIn this April Herb Craft class, we will create beautiful stone garden markers. This is a great first step to prepping for your spring and summer gardens! No matter what your garden plans are, make sure you have everything clearly labeled with these unique markers.
- Sat, May 08Ohio Herb CenterMay 08, 10:00 AMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAPermaculture is much more than "permanent agriculture." Join Permaculture Certified Designer, Shannon Barnette, for an hour and a half class about the basics of permaculture. We will discuss permaculture history, ethics, and dive into how to introduce this practice into your home and garden.
- Sat, May 08Ohio Herb CenterMay 08, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USADreaming of lush planters brimming with plants at your home? Come learn how to create and care for container gardens from horticulturist, Shannon Barnette. We will discuss the basics of how to assemble an eye-catching planter that will survive the conditions at your home, as well as maintenance.
- Sat, May 15Ohio Herb CenterMay 15, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAThe weather is turning warmer and the light has returned. The energy of our natural world has returned and that means plants are growing. We will explore the herbs of spring by sampling teas, and learning how to use them. Everyone will take home a sample of each herb we discuss and a handout.
- Thu, May 20Ohio Herb CenterMay 20, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USALearn more about using herbs from your garden, to make tried-and-true herbal recipes. Explore techniques utilized by herbalists for centuries. Take home a sample of what you make in class. Each month we will focus on a new technique to expand your knowledge on utilizing the herbs around you.
- Sat, May 22Ohio Herb CenterMay 22, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAWarm weather and the sun are all elements to take into consideration for our skin during the summer. Learn how to create your own skincare products to nourish and protect. We will walk through the ingredients needed and the process to use them for you and your family. Create 4 different products.
- Thu, May 27Ohio Herb CenterMay 27, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USASpring is the time for renewal and fresh beginnings. Let’s celebrate this season of nature’s awakening with some home decor. Garlands will be made with herbs and fruit to be hung in your home for a touch of spring in your home. Participants will create a garland to take home and enjoy.