At the Ohio Herb Center, our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guests. As we start to hold classes again, we want our students to be aware of the guidelines we are following. Before classes and at the end of the day, we sanitize and disinfect all doorknobs, light switches, hard surfaces, and our point-of-sale tablet. To allow proper social distancing, class sizes will be limited to 8-10 participants. Guests will be required to wear masks while in the building, and gloves will be available. We request anyone that is ill, showing symptoms, or has been exposed to COVID-19, to please call the Ohio Herb Center and request a full refund for your scheduled class. Please call the Ohio Herb Center with any questions or concerns at 614-642-4372.
- Herbal Technique: Tisanes & DecoctionsThu, Jan 21Ohio Herb Center
- Herbal Craft: Nature LoomsThu, Jan 28Ohio Herb CenterJan 28, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAUsing natural materials, found objects, and yarn, we will make an outdoor art piece or work station for future art. Students will create a loom using natural objects and learn basic weaving to create an art piece that showcases nature's beauty.
- Winter SkincareSat, Jan 30Ohio Herb CenterJan 30, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USALet’s explore how to make our skincare products combat the harsh weather. Learn to make everything you need to keep your skin glowing and vibrant. We will walk through the process of making each recipe, and you'll take home your own.
- Herbs of WinterSat, Feb 06Ohio Herb CenterFeb 06, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAIt’s cold outside, but there are still herbs all around us. Join us as we take a look at the herbs of winter. We'll discuss three herbs, their uses, and where to find them. Take home a sample to use at home and enjoy sample infusions in class.
- Herbal Technique- Salts & SugarsThu, Feb 18Ohio Herb Center
- Seeds from Start to FinishSat, Feb 20Ohio Herb CenterFeb 20, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAStarting seeds indoors can seem overwhelming. Come learn everything you’ll need to start your next garden all from seed. Instructor Shannon Barnette will walk you through the process with materials needed for your seed starting ventures at home. Participants will receive seeds and handouts.
- Herb Craft: TerrariumThu, Feb 25Ohio Herb CenterFeb 25, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USABuild your own mini landscape in a glass vessel. Learn how to build a terrarium for long term indoor growing. Participants will build a terrarium with plants to take home and handouts. Join Shannon Barnette to make your own miniature garden.
- Winter Herbal BeveragesSat, Feb 27Ohio Herb CenterFeb 27, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAWarm your body at it’s core in the winter herbal beverages class. We will venture beyond tea and learn all about these warming beverages. Receive a handout with herbal variations of all of these recipes plus samples to taste.
- Herbal Winter WellnessSat, Jan 16Ohio Herb CenterJan 16, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USALearn how to care for your family heading into the winter months with at home remedies. We will explore how to make you comfortable and cozy while recouping from an illness. Each attendee will receive a handout with recipes, and hands on instruction to make each remedy, plus some to take home.