At the Ohio Herb Center, our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guests. As we start to hold classes again, we want our students to be aware of the guidelines we are following. Before classes and at the end of the day, we sanitize and disinfect all doorknobs, light switches, hard surfaces, and our point-of-sale tablet. To allow proper social distancing, class sizes will be limited to 8-10 participants. Guests will be required to wear masks while in the building, and gloves will be available. We request anyone that is ill, showing symptoms, or has been exposed to COVID-19, to please call the Ohio Herb Center and request a full refund for your scheduled class. Please call the Ohio Herb Center with any questions or concerns at 614-642-4372.
- Thu, May 20Ohio Herb CenterMay 20, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USALearn more about using herbs from your garden, to make tried-and-true herbal recipes. Explore techniques utilized by herbalists for centuries. Take home a sample of what you make in class. Each month we will focus on a new technique to expand your knowledge on utilizing the herbs around you.
- Sat, May 22Ohio Herb CenterMay 22, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAWarm weather and the sun are all elements to take into consideration for our skin during the summer. Learn how to create your own skincare products to nourish and protect. We will walk through the ingredients needed and the process to use them for you and your family. Create 4 different products.
- Thu, May 27Ohio Herb CenterMay 27, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USASpring is the time for renewal and fresh beginnings. Let’s celebrate this season of nature’s awakening with some home decor. Garlands will be made with herbs and fruit to be hung in your home for a touch of spring in your home. Participants will create a garland to take home and enjoy.
- Sat, Jun 05Ohio Herb CenterJun 05, 9:30 AMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAIf you’re curious about growing herbs and wondering how to process and utilize them, this is the class for you! Join Herb Center staff and harvest from the gardens here. Check out our drying shed and learn everything you need to know about how to use these wonderful plants.
- Sat, Jun 05Ohio Herb CenterJun 05, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAThis is part 1 of a 2 part class. Discover the edible plants that are growing in your backyard. Take a look at the benefits of growing native plants, and how to grow them in your garden. Learn the basics of identifying common edible species. Previous class attendees can sign up for part 2.
- Sat, Jun 12Ohio Herb Center
- Sat, Jun 12Ohio Herb Center
- Thu, Jun 17Ohio Herb CenterJun 17, 7:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAThese power house herbs are often overlooked as common herbs but have so many things to offer us. In this class we will take a look at each plant, how it has been used through the ages, and how you can incorporate it into not only your garden but daily living.
- Wed, Jun 23Ohio Herb CenterJun 23, 1:00 PMOhio Herb Center, 110 Mill St, Gahanna, OH 43230, USAJoin the Ohio Herb Center in kicking off Pollinator Week. Sign up for a time slot that gives you access to fun activities promoting our pollinating friends. Space is limited to 6 per 30 minute time block. Make your very own butterfly to take home and participate in a pollinator scavenger hunt!
- Thu, Jun 24Ohio Herb Center
- Sat, Jun 26Ohio Herb Center